So I’ve rebuilt my low poly water shader from scratch! The reason for the rebuild is that the shader I had, and have shared on here was quite limited platform wise, only worked in forward rendering and on DX11 capable hardware, which felt veeery limiting.. So fast forward to today, and I’ve got my New Universal Shader running on everything! With reflections working on supported platforms, and also I now detect where water is shallow to get the foamy look along the shore..
Edit: This is what it can look like in action:
Screenshots from iPhone:
It looks awesome on the iPhone, but no reflections on my iPhone 5 (Edit: Reflections are working!).. Which only supports Open GL ES2.0 i think.. Will test on 6S soon. On tvOS it does not look that nice, but I think that has something to do with the way lighting is done on that platform, not sure! (Edit: It now looks really good! Quality settings was wrong!)
It’s been a while since my last post, but I’ve also got a lot of work done!
3ounce has changed radically since it was released for Windows Store. The Things I have changed is:
New Maze-generating code. Creates “better” Mazes now. Minor changes.
New player control. Before I rotated the entire maze at input, while the player was always falling down. This was quite heavy to process when the Mazes got bigger.. So I changed my code, so now you change the direction of gravity instead, which has improved performance very much!
New 3D models (Blender) added for levelcubes, pickups, goalmarker, obstacles ++
New particle effects upon pickups, Death, and goal.
New pickup and goal placement. Through the use of pathfinding algorithms (A*)
Added obstacles around the Maze, With the possability to “die” (Move 4 steps back).
Alot of other stuff
I’ve also tested my game on Android, and I’m working on testing it on iPhone (need to borrow a Mac).
Here running on PC, Nokia Lumia 930, Samsung Galaxy SIII and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
Here’s some recent screenshots of the game (Some things has already changed from this version):