Here’s 5 reasons I don’t get to develop games as much as I’d like to!
1. I have two sons that needs my attention all the time, a 1 year old and a 11 year old. Love them to bits!
2. The love of my life. Needs at least as much attention as my sons. And deserve it all!
3. My real job. Making games doesn’t necessarily earn you any money! So I have this other job to make a living.
4. The big old house I call a home doesn’t take care of it’s self.
5. This summer! We are at the moment experiencing the best summer in years! We are not used to seeing the sun this much, and the heat is crazy! Just have to enjoy it while it lasts!
Luckily I’m not in a rush!
Are you also having trouble finding enough time for all the things you wish you could do?
I thought I would post some screenshots of 3ounce with the latest graphical tweeks I’ve added, so you can get an idea of what direction I’m probably taking Battlemaze, graphics wise.
As you can see I’m going for a clean and simple look. I’m a big fan of simple/cartoony graphics design, and will probably stick with this in some form.
What do you think?
I’ve been too busy to actually do any gamemaking for a while, until a few days ago when i updated my old maze game “3ounce” for windows 8 to windows 8.1. I started doing some changes to the graphics ingame as well, and quickly found that I wanted to do more with it.. I wanted to add some form of multiplayer, and I wanted to do a total overhaul of the looks of the game.. Soon I realized that this was more than just an update.. It had to be a whole new game! And then the idea of “Battlemaze” was born..
I’m new to network gaming so I’ve been reading about Unity networking and also Photon Unity networking. I’ve been looking through some getting started tutorials. But I’ve realized that I need to get a clear idea of what kind of game I’m going to build this time, before I start coding and implementing features.
At the moment it’s all just a big pile of ideas floating around on postIts and in my head. This time I think I’ll try to narrow down all features and gameplay mechanics in some document before I go further.. But I always have to check up on some stuff on the way.. Like lately.. facebook integration, pathfinding algorithms and unity networking/photon.
How to create a multiplayer game with unity
Facebook for Unity
Do any of you make games? How do you go about planning your games?